Friday, June 10, 2011

WANTED: your tips to help achieve my 3 week weight loss challenge!

There are exactly 21 days that separate us from Friday, July 1, 2011. In the next three weeks, I am challenging myself to get below my next milestone of 200 pounds.

 
I've lost about 23 pounds since starting this blog. If you count my pre-blog weight loss of about 4 pounds in early January (when I was casually trying but not committed to low carb), I'm guessing that I now weigh approximately 27 pounds less than I did. Oh, would I like to make it a round 35!!!

 
My incentive: this is the date that I travel with my husband and daughter to visit my in-laws for their annual Fourth of July bash. I haven't seen some of my husband's family since Christmas… before I started strictly low-carbing and keeping this blog. How I would like to be just that much slimmer when I see those people again (how vain and prideful of me!!)...

 
I can do eight pounds in three weeks. I need some tips though. Here what I'm currently doing:

 
  • Keeping the carbs below 40/day (usually in the 30/day range, but sometimes a little higher if I eat berries);
  • Exercising about twice/week – 30 minutes cardio (usually elliptical), then resistance training with weight machines for about 15 minutes; and
  • Evening mediation/weight loss visualization, using Jon Gabriel's free MP3 on his website, http://www.gabrielmethod.com./

 
Thoughts about what I should add/change:
  • I know that I need to drink more water and cut down on stress.
  • Also, I'm drinking about 2 cups caffeinated coffee per day – do you think that needs to be cut down/eliminated?
  • Also - what about fasting? Does anyone know of a good low-carb fast that might do the trick?
  • Should I up the exercise, or tweak what I'm doing?
  • Any low-carb foods that should be avoided at this time (artificial sweeteners, nuts, cheese, etc.)?

I am really thinking about doing the Atkins Fat Fast

  
Any help you can offer would be awesome! Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...