- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound (15) raw jumbo shrimp, shells removed
- Olive oil, for frying
- Mix almond flour, coconut, lime peel, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Toss shrimp in beaten eggs to coat.
- Dredge shrimp, one at a time, in the coconut mixture.
- Add enough oil to the skillet to coat the bottom of the skillet, about 1/8 up the side, and heat on medium high (feel free to add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil if you have any).
- Fry the shrimp in the oil for 2 minutes per side, then let drain on paper towels.
- Serve shrimp with dipping sauce for a delicious appetizer, or even as a main dish.
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes (optional – adjust to suit your tastes)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup sugar free orange marmalade
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add next four ingredients to hot oil and sauté until softened.
- Add marmalade, water and soy sauce to the pan, and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve sauce with coconut shrimp, and enjoy.