LCHF Sausage and Bread Stuffing
- ½ package Jimmy Dean pork sausage
- ¼ stick butter
- 12 oz mix aromatic vegetables, diced (I used a package of soup mix veggies, which included 1 small onion; 1 carrot; 1 small leek; 1 very tiny turnip)
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh parsley and fresh dill
- 8 LCHF Buttery Garlic Cheese Biscuits, torn into pieces
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ stick butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large frying pan set to medium high heat, brown sausage and break apart into crumbles.
- Remove sausage from pan, leaving fat behind.
- Add butter to pan, and when melted, add the aromatic vegetables and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, and cook for approximately 5 more minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add the herbs, biscuits and stock to the pan and stir to combine.
- Place the prepared stuffing into your baking pan of choice, and dot with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the stuffing is well browned and crispy on top.
Serve with roasted chicken and mashed cauliflower for a fabulous traditional dinner!