Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Misery.

Monday, Monday.  Can't trust that day.
 
Why do Mondays always hurt?  Like I've just gotten hit on the head with a brick, on Monday mornings, I tumble out of bed, alarmed by the alarm, stumbling around blindly, groping for the light switch, then damning the light (it also hurts), managing to trip over some item of [my] clothing left carelessly strewn on the floor, ending up in a collision with a door jamb or the door itself...  Man alive.  Mondays suck.  Its nearly 1 o'clock in the afternoon over here, and I'm still in a stupor.
 
It is not like I party hearty or do anything at all on the weekend that I would need to recover from, such that I'm rendered less acute than usual on Monday morning.  What explains all that cotton batting where my brain used to be?  Foggy.  That's what I am.
 
At the moment, I am completely zonked.  I need to be awake, too, because my job requires that I have a fully functioning brain.
 
Why the exhaustion?  It seems like this Monday has been worse than usual.  That's not all, either.  Yesterday, going to the gym was harder than usual.  I hated being on the elliptical machine, when only last week, I was crowing about dominating the damn thing. 
 
My best guess?  STRESS.  Oh, yes.  Stress with a capital S.  I am running around like a nut doing City stuff lately.  I hate being an elected official.  I am freaking out about the stuff that has been happening the past couple of weeks.  I truly am tired of this work.  In fact, I don't even want to run for reelection.  I just want to relax, take care of my family, enjoy my life, and not have meetings 4 nights per week.  I will run for reelection, however, because a decision on my part NOT to run would make my opponents dance with glee.  Would I rather be miserable and exhausted than see those schmucks dance with glee?  Apparently so!  I'm such a *&(%^!!
 
So, I should shut up and stop complaining, already.  Okay, got that.  I'm going to log in my Monday misery on this blog, just in case its diet related and I figure that out in the coming weeks.
 
In other news, my low carb chili is phenomenal.  Yummo.  I'm not kidding, its the best I've ever made, period.  And its filling and chock full of dietary fiber.  Warning, though, to you Atkins-heads... it contains black soybeans, which are low carb, but not expressly permitted on induction.
 
I recently saw the excellent and very funny documentary, "Fat Head" by Tom Naughton.  The movie discusses the lies and misperceptions that abound in our country regarding obesity, nutrition and weight loss.  It is a very comprehensive documentary that discusses these issues in an understandable and accurate way, and manages to do so in less than 2 hours.  You can watch it on Netflix.  I highly recommend it. 
 
This week, momma's gonna high tail her butt back to the gym.  No kidding, no excuses.  4 exercise days this week, period.  (1 down, 3 to go).
 
No alcohol again.  I can't discount the correlation between abstinence [from alcohol!!] and weight loss. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...