Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2/23/11, Day 32, exhaustion

My body does not want to get up at 6 a.m.  I fought an internal battle of wills this morning to get out of bed - really, it was more my will v. my desire to sleep in.  I made it, though.  I was at work for 7:30.  It was a close thing.  I am trying to keep foremost in my mind that I can do anything, and that, if I want to make up the billables I missed when I was taking care of my dad, I need to put in an extra 1.5 hours 3-4 days per week, or lose every weekend for the next 6 months.  Plus, two of my bosses (yes, I have several bosses - I think 7 of them) went office to office yesterday to discuss billables and revenues with each attorney.  Pressure! 

I have to push myself, but I know that I have to also take care of myself.  For example, Tuesday was a good work day - up at 6, in by 7:30, billed 8+ good hours before I left early for a City meeting.  But... the meeting went on forever.  I didn't get home for dinner until 7:30 p.m.  Then, I just had no juice left to do anything but relax.  I had no gym in me.  On days like these, something has to give.  I can't have a City meeting, work a 9 hour day, go to the gym and be supermom all in one day.  Something has to give!  Schedule: bend to my will!!  Ugh.  See, I'm totally bonkers.

The diet is going well.  I am in ketosis - I have been in ketosis for 8 straight days.  I don't have any hunger issues, but I'm noticing that I'm starting to have some carby cravings.  There is a mental element to it, too.  I caught myself thinking "I can never eat this again".  Yes, I was talking about fried chicken, and yes, it happened last night when I was exhausted and succeptible.  So, I got myself a low carb cookbook and I'm going to see what I can do about making some fried chicken - there is a recipe in there, but it looks like I will have to get on the internet to buy the stuff I need.  Where do you even get vital wheat gluten flour??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...