Thursday, February 3, 2011

Days 10-12 // 2/1/11 - 2/3/11

It has been another long week, once again, dominated by poor winter weather conditions and a sick toddler.  So, here’s my update for the week.  Days 10-12 passed in a blur.  So far so good.  I have stuck to this diet pretty well. 

I have made a minor (but permitted) deviation – I was absolutely craving some chocolate, so I went to the store to buy some unsweeted baking chocolate and some Truvia (erithrytol).  You’re not supposed to have chocolate yet, but I&N allow a small bit if you can’t help yourself, so long as you keep it as low carb as possible.  They recommend melting a small amount of chocolate, sweetening it with artificial stuff, then adding in heavy cream and whipping it to make a sort of chocolate mousse.  This is basically what I did, although I didn’t whip mine, and I added some more spices, and kept it the consistency of a chocolate sauce.  It was very satisfying, and only a few tablespoons were enough to take care of my craving.  I’ll post the recipe.  It was really enjoyable, and only 2 net carbs.

Water Retention
I want to explain my weight gain and quick loss between Days 10-12 this week.  The weight gain was due to water retention.  I ran out of my BP meds, and couldn’t get to the pharmacy to refill (our roads were treacherous).  So, I racked up some serious water weight over about 3 days.  I was finally able to get the meds on the afternoon of Day 11, and then I peed away about 2 pounds of water or so by the morning of Day 12.  I know this wasn’t a good thing, so don’t chide me.  I won’t do it again.  Just goes to show that I really need to be healthier and lose weight  so I can get my BP under control.

State of Mind
I am treating low-carb like it is just the way that I eat.  I’m not sure when I stopped thinking about “being on a diet”.  But, somehow, amazingly (and for now), I’m just going with it and it is not a struggle.  I think it is going to be key to keep myself out of the “starvation” and “suffering” mindset by being positive minded, keeping myself full and indulging in the stuff we’re allowed to eat on this diet plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...