Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So far so good, 2/16, day 25

I am sitting in my office all day, listening to a phone deposition.  The effects of this lifestyle are somewhat inconvenient at the moment, as I have had to make a desparate bathroom break every 45 minutes to an hour to pee.  This means that I'm bugging one of my friends at work to cover my phone for the few minutes I'm away, running off to the restroom.  I think that this friend of mine is starting to think that my water consumption is a little neurotic.  I would tend to agree a bit.  I bought a 1 liter poland spring water today, and I've only refilled it once... that's two liters of water since I've been at work (10 a.m.).  I just did the calculations, and that is 67.62 ounces of water, or 8.45 cups of water - in four hours.  Add to that the water I had this morning when I took my vitamins and I'm probably up to about 10.5 cups of water.  No wonder its all Niagara Falls up in here.  I'm a little embarassed to bug her again.  I'm going to try to hold it for a bit. 

I have been very good with food today.  This morning, I was not feeling hungry at all, so I swallowed a spoonful of organic peanut butter (about 2.5 carbs).  For lunch, I had a big turkey cobb salad from Au Bon Pain with blue cheese dressing (I removed the croutons and carrots).  So far so good.  Assuming that I make it home for dinner tonight, we are supposed to have roasted chicken and creamed spinach.  If not, I'll have to do some low-carb dining out option.  Luckily, I have not yet had my fill of buffalo wings, which are definitely low carb, and are available at most places.

I am excited to get my ketostix in the mail, because I really think that I'm in ketosis.  So, I'm hoping for some good weight loss this week.  I just got notice from Amazon that they shipped today.  Maybe they'll be in on Friday.

I need to pick up some nuts to snack on when I'm in the office.  If I get hungry, and the cafeteria is closed, I'm really screwed because there is nothing but carbs around here.  Right now, I feel fine.  However, I hate to get caught hungry with nothing to eat.  That's when I start drinking coffee with cream in it.

I feel very good physically (despite the need to pee at the moment).  My gastro system seems to love this diet - I have been without IBS symptoms for the first time in 4 years.  As I mentioned previously, I haven't had any issues with gas or heartburn in over three weeks (from the very first day I started the diet).  I never get the post-lunch 3 p.m. crash that I used to suffer from.  My energy level is great.  My back feels good and strong.  I am very happy - a lot of this is due to the fact that I am taking control of my diet...my health... my LIFE.  I've been bounced about a lot in the past couple of years, and things have happened to me.  That passive mindset was a way to not take responsibility for the irresponsible way that I've been eating, which has endangered my health.  I'm not passive any more.  (Frankly, few people who know me, even my closest, would ever call me passive - but I have been when it comes to controlling my food intake).  I am so proud of myself for sticking to this diet - it makes me happy.  I have told a few people that I am on low-carb, they each sympathized and told me how hard it is.  No one believes me when I say that I am not suffering, and that it is not hard at all once you get past the initial roadbumps in Week 1 (cravings, learning to prep your fresh food ahead of time, flu-ish headachy feeling).  So, I just smile and let them think that I'm the willpower goddess. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...