Sunday, February 27, 2011

2/27/11, day 36, weigh in week 5 "no weight loss, change in measurements"

I am a little confused!!  How does one lose inches without losing a drop of weight in three weeks?  I am so interested in getting this question answered that I submitted the question to an Atkins bulletin board under the heading "Plateau".  I hope I get some answers, because I've been stuck at about 222.5 for three weeks!!  No joke!  What's up with that?!

This week, I thought for sure, I'm going to lose weight.  I followed the diet super well, felt great, exercised, etc.  However, here's the delta from last week:

No weight change.
Measurements: -.25" neck; negligible loss at wrist; -1.5" at bust, -1" at waist, -1.5" at hips this week.
Since I've first measured myself on 2/13, I've lost a total of -.5" neck, -3.5" bust, -3" waist, -3" hips.
That's pretty good.

How can you lose inches, be in ketosis, but not lose weight.  I mean, I don't think I've been exercising enough to put on sufficient lean body mass to account for the weight staying the same, but my adipose tissue is clearly going somewhere!  Where has it gone, and what has replaced its mass on/in my body? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...