Here are some observations on the difference between this fasting period and the previous fasting period:
- Its early in the day yet, so I haven’t reached the same point I did on Tuesday, at about 3, when I thought I would poke someone’s eye out. I could still repeat Tuesday’s symptoms.
- I didn’t push myself to eat more food yesterday night at dinner, right before I began the fast at 6:30 p.m., as I had on Monday, prior to the first fast period. Notably, one article I read indicated that loading up on food prior to starting a fast is counterproductive because it causes hormonal imbalance and the body’s reaction is increased hunger.
- I am busier today, so I am not thinking about food, as I had been fixating on it on Tuesday.
- I am drinking unsweetened, decaf iced coffee today. It has a heavier taste, and the coffee itself is French vanilla flavored. I wonder if drinking flavored stuff tricks you into thinking you are getting calories, when you are really not.
- I am wearing a belted dress today, which is somewhat constricting. Maybe that helps decrease the desire to eat. I don’t know.
- Today, I am slightly asthmatic and getting a little wheezier as the day progresses. It is distracting, too.