Friday, August 19, 2011

Low(er) Carb Party Menu

I'm having a little back yard get together at my house tomorrow night.  We're going to have a fire, and chill out with some snackers.  A friend of mine is turning 35 (sshhhh...) on Sunday, so I've been trying to figure out what I can make for her instead of a getting birthday cake (she's ridiculously healthy and would eat it but regret it immediately).  I was originally thinking about cheesecake.  Anyway, I just happened to be perusing the usual low carb and paleo sites that I frequent, and guess what I found? 
 
A recipe for paleo-friendly chocolate mouse, made with only two ingredients: dark chocolate and chilled coconut cream.  This is on the menu for sure. 
 
Not sure what I'll do for drinks, but I saw this post by MD Eades on Tinto de Verano, which sounds kind of like sangria-lite, and is a strong drink possibility. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...