Grilled fennel and arugula salad with shrimp
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Servings: 2 servings | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds head- and tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons Pernod or ouzo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds, divided, plus 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced crosswise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups (lightly packed) baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Using a small knife or kitchen shears, butterfly shrimp from tail to base of head, leaving peel and head on; devein.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; saut&eactue; until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in Pernod and 1 tablespoon fennel fronds. Season with salt and pepper. Add prawns; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature, tossing occasionally,for 30 minutes.
Prepare a grill to high heat. Grill prawns, brushing with marinade from bowl, until bright pink and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Mix sliced fennel bulb and arugula in a large bowl. Drizzle lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons oil over; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange salad on a plate. Top with shrimp, garnish with 1 tablespoon chopped fronds.
Sent from Paprika Recipe Manager.