Monday, August 15, 2011

Intermittent Fasting, and Thoughts on Faux Pizza

IF:
Today is Monday, August 15, and I am in the midst of an intermittent fast.  I last ate yesterday at about 7 p.m.  I am going to drink just water until 6 p.m. tonight.  Why?  Well, I went camping this weekend, and I was a little naughty - I just can't say no to those s'mores.  Plus, our campsite was near this beautiful little town that had competing chocolate shops - so, of course I had to sample.  Today, my weight is up 1 pound, to 208.5, despite the fact that I did a lot of hiking and swimming in the lake.  IF has, in the past, gotten me back on track re weight loss, thrown me deeply into ketosis, and has had the additional benefit of alleviating my psoriasis symptoms.  I think of IF as a "reset" button.  I am in a psoriasis flare up at the moment, I am out of meds, and I don't have a derma appointment for a couple of weeks.  So, I would like to enjoy a little break from the flaking and itching. 
 
Faux Pizza:
My last couple of attempts at cauliflower pizza have failed.  Last night, my family ordered a couple of real pizzas, and I got wings.  I was sitting there, looking at the pizza, and thinking to myself that the crust is really just a vehicle for the toppings.  I can do the toppings without any crust at all, can't I?
So, tonight, I am going to use my nonstick skillet, crisp up a load of pepperoni and maybe some chunks of chicken, then top the whole thing with sauce, then shredded mozzarella and parmesan, broil and see what happens.  Will crustless pizza be amazing?  Will it even work?  Will it be a total disaster?  Who knows.  We will see!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...