- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1tsp fresh thyme
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap beets and garlic in a foil packet, drizzle with olive oil before closing packet. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until just tender. Let cool 10 minutes before handling. Remove skin from cooled beets and cut into slices.
- While beets are cooking, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until fat has rendered from bacon and bacon is crispy.
- In a large bowl, Whisk together fat, garlic, thyme, vinegar and mustard, mushing garlic into the dressing.
- Add beets and bacon and stir to combine. Allow salad to sit for 10 minutes to allow for flavors to mingle before serving.
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
This sauce is great with kielbasa, steak, salmon, shrimp cocktail, corned beef... You name it!