Friday, August 5, 2011

Weight Loss and LC Ice Cream Review, Cheesecake Plans!

It has been two days since I restarted strict low-carb, and I am happy to report that, as of this morning, I am down 3 pounds, to 210.   I'm pretty sure I was dead on about my water weight.  So, from now on weight loss may well be slowing down.  However, I am happy to be getting there!! 
 
I have been thinking about setting some mid-term goals for myself, and I realized, this morning, that I am only 15 pounds away from the weight I was when I graduated from high school (yes, I've been plump for a while).  So, I've decided that when I hit 195, I'm going to party like it's 1998.  Ha.  Get it?? 
 
Quick Review:  Breyers no sugar added chocolate/vanilla/strawberry ice cream.  OMG.  It is either a new flavor in their NSA line, or just new to my grocery store.  However, I have to say, for me, this marks a big improvement over their NSA butter pecan and plain-jane NSA vanilla (which is really pretty good, I'm just not crazy about plain old vanilla - so sue me).  I have been craving chocolate ice cream, and the center stripe in this neapolitan mix hit the spot.  Very good and creamy, no weird fake sugar flavor, and no awful gastro side effects after consumption.  The carb count is a modest 7 grams for a generous 1/2 cup serving.  And, 1 hour after this night time snack, my blood glucose was comfortably stable at 90.  No sugar spike reaction!  Awesome.
 
Now, if I could just find a tasty NSA fudge sauce that doesn't cause my intestines to try and break out of my abdomen through my belly button (I think they're really crying for help), I will be all set!!
 
I've got the stuff to make my mini cheesecake recipe.  OMG, so good.  I'm going to mix it up a little, but adding lime flavor instead of lemon, and putting in a subtly flavored cinnamon-macadamia nut crust, which adds no carbs but may make the cake taste more like a traditional key-lime cheesecake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...