Monday, August 8, 2011

Weight Loss!! Sweets!

Yes!  I weighed in this morning (a day late - I forgot to do it yesterday), and was happy to learn that my weight decreased another 2.5 pounds since the last time I weighed in on Friday.  That is 5.5 pounds since I restarted low carb this Wednesday.  I now weigh 207.5 pounds.
 
Here are my measurements
  • Neck: 14 3/4"
  • Wrist: 6"
  • Bust: 43"
  • Waist: 39"
  • Hips: 46"
How am I doing so far?
 
Well, pretty good, I think.  This was a pretty low carb weekend.  I am guessing 40 grams or less each day, although I wasn't super strict. 
 
I'm hoping that it will be okay to incorporate some lower-carb sweet items into my diet without mucking it all up too badly.  Notably, I on Saturday, I had a serving of dark chocolate.  So yummy (see discussion below).  On Sunday, I enjoyed a serving of my low carb key lime cheesecake (check out the recipe, and use lime flavoring instead of lemon, same brand - so good).
 
I have rekindled my love of dark chocolate, which is a little dangerous.  We went to IKEA on Saturday, and I discovered their 60% cocoa dark chocolate bar, which is delicious and of good quality.  Nutrition-wise: a serving size is 8 squares, and has a net carb count of 11 grams, 3 grams of protein, and 6 grams of saturated fat.  So, it's not a bad carb investment, especially if you are satisfied with a half serving.  And - get this - each generously-sized bar of chocolate costs only $.99, unless, of course, you buy five bars, then you get one free.  Crazy cheap!  Confession: I bought 6 bars.  Comparision: a Lindt brand 70% cocoa dark chocolate bar costs around $3.50 at my local market, and it does not taste any better to me (Lindt does not appear to carry a 60% cocoa bar, and 70% cocoa is what they have at my market).  (Note, the carb count is comparable, 14 grams net carbs for a slightly larger portion). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...