Chocolate coconut cookies (like samoas)
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Servings: 20 cookies | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup thai coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 cup truvia
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat (these are VERY sticky after baking - don't skip this step).
2. Mix together all ingredients except water. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the batter is just moist.
3. Portion into about 2 dozen cookies, using a teaspoon. I like to roll them, place them on the cookie sheet, then just tap them down slightly. These cookies don't spread, so don't worry if you place them kind of close together.
4. Bake, checking the cookies after about 40 minutes, and then every five minutes thereafter, until the cookies appear lightly browned around the edges.
These are really sticky. I had a batch actually stick to the parchment paper, and it was a mess trying to peel the paper off. I am going to experiment, the next time I make these, and see if sprinkling a little coconut flour on the baking sheet before placing the cookies will prevent them from adhering to the parchment paper after baking.
Source: My collection
Sent from Paprika Recipe Manager.