Green Beans with Bacon
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Servings: 4-6 servings | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pound of green beans or skinny asparagus stalks
- 1 pound of bacon or pancetta
- Long wooden skewers (like for kabobs)
- Olive oil
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Trim the ends off of the green beans, or trim the end off the asparagus stalks.
2. Bundle 5-6 of your veggie of choice, and wrap in just enough bacon or pancetta to secure the bundle. Continue making bundles until you've used up all over your veggies. Make sure that your bacon/pancetta is wrapped around the center third of the vegetable bundles. You will probably make about 8 bundles or so. (You may have bacon left over, depending on how generous you are.)
3. On a cutting board, lay 4 bundles out in a line. Using two skewers, impale the 4 bundles through the bacon/pancetta area. Repeat using another 4 bundles and two skewers.
4. Drizzle your skewered bundles with a little olive oil. Grate just a bit of nutmeg over the bundles, and sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.
5. Take it to the grill – put it in a medium-hot spot on the grill and cook until the bacon is done and crisping on the edges. If your stalks/beans seem to be getting a little too charred, put them on a cooler part of the grill.
6. Serve immediately, removing bundles from skewers with tongs. Very tasty!
(Note, I just made this recipe over the weekend, while camping, with asparagus and pancetta. It was so good! It would maybe be better if drizzled with just a little balsamic and topped with just a touch of crumbled goat cheese. Ooh... or maybe some warm hollandaise sauce? Very fancy!!)
Source: My collection
Sent from Paprika Recipe Manager.