Stick blender mayo
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 0 min | Servings: 1 serving | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup oil (8 fluid ozs)
1. Put everything but the oil into a large mason jar, then lastly add the oil (yes, before blending, and all of it).
2. Now, with the blender OFF, slowly push it down to the bottom of the jar so that it covers the whole egg at the bottom.
3. Turn the blender on and hold it there so that it fully blends up the egg, then slowly lift the blender up (while it is still running). As it comes up it will mix the oil into the egg and form the emulsion.
4. Blend until all oil is incorporated, then remove.
Source: My collection
Sent from Paprika Recipe Manager.