Sweet potato chips (serve with cashew chicken)
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Servings: 6 servings | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 x 1lb organic sweet potato
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Scrub the sweet potato, but do not peel. Slice into a chip shape with your mandolin or v-slicer (get a cheap one if you must, as it is key to making these thin enough).
3. Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Oil should cover the bottom of the pan.
4. Fry the sweet potato slices in batches of 5-6 slices in the hot oil, until bright orange, soft and the edges are just beginning to curl up and lightly brown. It goes pretty fast.
5. Place the cooked sweet potatoes on a foil-covered cookie sheet as you finish frying them. When all the slices are lined up on the cookie sheet, sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
6. Bake in the hot oven, on the upper rack, until they are brown and crisp. Check after five minutes, for every five minutes, to make sure they don't burn.
Don't throw out the leftover oil! Use it to make cashew chicken.
Source: My collection
Sent from Paprika Recipe Manager.